7.14.2005

Poked, prodded and examined

Day three of newhire training began with blood.  And urine.  We were herded across town to a medical facility and examined for lupus, brain damage and bad breath.  Ok maybe not, but we did get blood drawn, chests x-rayed, EKGed and a battery of other tests performed on us.  It was an FAA medical plus a bunch of other stuff.
 
Later that day we covered "All weather surface ops", "controlled flight into terrain" (how not to -- a reminder), "flight control" (an overview of company dispatch and flight planning) and "ops schedule".  While this was more of the firehose of information, none of it was really critical or testable.  It was all just background information about how the compay works (and how not to crash).
 
Day four:
 
The fourth day of indoc consisted of an introduction to how the company works from a financial and customer standpoint.  It was the background about the product we will be delivering.  That was followed by dose of drug and alcohol training and the afternoon was spent learning how to hog-tie people and spot combative behavior.  ...not in that order.
 
Day five was a Saturday.  If there is no rest for the wicked, I must have been pretty bad.  Day five consisted of medical training.  I'm now a certified MD.  ....well, I can perform CPR and hook an AED up to someone.  Beyond that, I can recognize coughing and choking.
 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger JaHo said...

BSI! Scene Safe!
Airway!
Breathing!
Circulation!!!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home