Day 1
Today was my first day of company indoctrination - known simply as "indoc". A whirlwind day worth of information, but very little to do with flying.
The day began with an indoc briefing (an overview of what to expect in the next two weeks), then a visit from one of the nice folks in HR to talk about one of our two insurance options and help us fill out the mountain of paperwork that one normally fills out during their first day on the job anywhere - W4s and the like. Next was the benefits administrator of the other insurance option, more 'indoc briefing' and then pictures for our temporary company IDs. After lunch we were issued our shiny new IDs and then had two hours of sensitivity training (I now know that I must be respectful of people and not harass anyone). After that, more general information about the flight ops side of the company (who sits where in the cavernous room known as operations and what they do) and a fitting for our uniforms.
Are you dizzy yet? I am.
The day began with an indoc briefing (an overview of what to expect in the next two weeks), then a visit from one of the nice folks in HR to talk about one of our two insurance options and help us fill out the mountain of paperwork that one normally fills out during their first day on the job anywhere - W4s and the like. Next was the benefits administrator of the other insurance option, more 'indoc briefing' and then pictures for our temporary company IDs. After lunch we were issued our shiny new IDs and then had two hours of sensitivity training (I now know that I must be respectful of people and not harass anyone). After that, more general information about the flight ops side of the company (who sits where in the cavernous room known as operations and what they do) and a fitting for our uniforms.
Are you dizzy yet? I am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home