Are you dizzy yet?
I am.
Yesterday was laid back. There were lots of presentations, but very little technical information. Most information yesterday just had to be soaked in. Today was different. Newhire pilots, meet mr. fire hose. Now drink.
Most of today consisted of information from the flight operations manual. We only covered a couple sections. Even that was done at high speed. Say the following quickly and flip through a Power Point presentation: "So RVR is controlling for an approach for a flight under part 91, but visibility is not if RVR isn't available, either way, once inside the final approach fix, if RVR goes below minimums you're ok to proceed according to 91.175, but if you're flying a 135 flight, then RVR or vis is controlling, the same 91.175 limitation still applies. Anyquestions?No,good. *click to next slide*" Repeat for seven hours. Take lunch somewhere in there.
The last hour of the day dealt with finance. There are a lot of expenses on the road and we get a choice of using our own credit card and expensing everything back to the company or using a company card. There are definite pros and cons either way. Some of which I knew before today, some were a surprise. The gentleman who gave us our briefing knows his stuff. Cold. He also talks (and probably thinks) at light speed plus a little. I don't think he took a single breath in the first 40 minutes he was with us. ...More information to digest.
I'd write more, but I need to go study. What was controlling for an approach under part 91 again?

1 Comments:
Glad to hear you're hanging in there hon!
Just keep the dirty side down and you'll be fine ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home